In the last years yoga has stopped being an exclusive practice of Hinduism or Buddhism. Each day more and more people practice this discipline and it’s no surprise since the results are always beneficial.
To place ourselves in position, yoga is an ancient discipline from India and is used to balance body and mind, in order to find well-being, health and fulfillment.
The practice of yoga works on 7 main chakras that are energy centers of the body. With these centers and the different asanas (yoga postures), you get energy to flow and circulate around your body.
The reasons to choose yoga for a day-to-day exercise are many. Some people begin practicing yoga in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, others to improve their physical condition or simply to balance emotional and spiritual stability.
Even though each individual has a different objective, when they get on the mat, the results are always positive.
If you want to be a true “yogi” or simply are curious about this activity, today we explain the 10 main benefits of practicing yoga:
- One of the first benefits found in this daily practice is the increase in joint and muscle flexibility and mobility.
- Yoga corrects and maintains good body posture preventing deviations in the column and back pain.
- Thanks to the release of endorphins, the sensation of happiness and vitality.
- The inhalation and exhalation techniques (Pranayamas) help you improve respirations, and increase your lung capacity.
- You sleep better and much more relaxed.
- The daily practice of postures such as “the savasana” help relax the mind, reduce stress and prevent anxiety.
- Improves physical and mental health.
- Relieves pain derived from chronic arthritis, inflammation, cardiovascular problems, etc.
- You stay toned and your resistance improves when you exercise or practice another sport.
- Thanks to relaxation and meditation techniques, concentration is achieved during decision-making processes.
Ultimately, practicing yoga on a regular basis helps the body improve physically, mentally and spiritually enabling you to become aware and discover a new lifestyle.